- Excellent sound absorption Made from non-woven aluminum fibers with a porosity of approximately 40%, Poal offers superior broadband sound absorption.
- Light weight The specific gravity of Poal is about 33% less than that of aluminum plate.
- Non-corrosive and non-flammable Poal is made from molten aluminum and thus is non-corrosive in addition to possessing excellent thermal resistance and non-flammability.
- Renewable and recyclable Poal panels are 100% aluminum and are in part made from recycled aluminum. After years of service Poal panels can be fully recycled.
- Exceptional drainage properties Poal drains moisture very well maintaining a high sound absorption coefficient even in wet conditions, unlike glass fiber.
- Ease of handling Poal can be easily cut, curved, and drilled on site. No airborne fibers are dispersed.
- Wide array of uses Poal can be used for a wide variety of architectural and engineering applications. It is well suited for anything from the smallest interior design projects to complex acoustical spaces to the largest civil engineering projects.
- Poal contains no organic fiber It is not susceptible to loss of strength over time because it contains no organic fibers.
- Electro-magnetic and RF shielding capabilities.
Poal is composed of non-woven aluminum fibers sandwiched between a metal mesh and rolled into a rigid board.
Note: In conditions where increased acoustical filler material such as glass fiber can be used in conjunction of Acusticell, a three dimensional porous elastic formed structure made of melamine resin. Please contact PEER for further information.
Types and Dimensions
|Types||Thickness (mm)||Weight (kg/m²)||Width x Length Standard||Maximum|
|B-1 TH||1.5||2.6||2' x 2'||1000mm x 2000mm|
|C-1||1.6||2.5||2' x 4'|
|C-1 TH||1.8||3.2||600mm x 600mm|
|FM||1.1||1.4||500mm x 1000mm|
|FM-TH||1.4||2.0||600mm x 1200mm|
Important notice to purchaser:
All information herein is based on tests we believe to be reliable. However, the accuracy or completeness thereof cannot be guaranteed. In lieu of all warranties of merchantability and suitability, seller and manufacturer's only obligation shall be to replace such quantity of the product proved to be defective, and neither seller nor manufacturer shall be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the use of the product.
Before using user shall determine the suitability of the product for its intended use, and user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.
Due to printing and photographic limitations, the photos contained herein may not represent true product colors.
Specifications subject to change without notice.